Sunday, February 3, 2008

Surprisingly....

This Sunday was nice. Though the Super Bowl was ridiculously lame this year, I had an uplifting time at Stake Conference. Well, what part of it I could hear. We managed to sit in front of the most obnoxious brats in Provo. It was two guys and a girl. The dudes looked really young but the girl didn't. Who knows. They whispered (if that is what they want to call it) through the whole two hours and the boy behind me continuously kicked my seat with his dumb shoes. Then, two rows back a couple spent their time talking not even trying to whisper. So, for a lot of the meeting I sat there plotting ways I could impale them with my pen. Regardless of all this distraction, the Spirit still managed to touch my soul here and there. I've got some things to work on, but who doesn't? Things are going surprisingly well for me. I don't really know why but I like it. I usually am happy until I start to convince myself that I don't deserve to be happy. However, I am now finally willing to fight for my own happiness. I will not let myself be sabotaged. So, I realized something today about my roommate. She is an amazing girl and people just flock around her. One of the speakers was talking about being attractive to others. He spoke of finding someone to give your heart to and that we should look at ourselves and think about whether or not someone would want to give their heart to us. I don't think anyone is going to want to give their heart to me any time soon. He said that once we have truly given our hearts to Heavenly Father, we will attract others. When we are doing what we are supposed to do, we will attract the person we want. Well, the kind of person we want anyway. It takes me back to Young Women and EFY. If you want an amazing person, you have to be one. That is why Sarah is so amazing. Not only is she faithful to the Lord, she genuinely cares for those around her. Her heart is so big. I want to be like that. I think that the people who are placed in your path during life are there for a reason. We are supposed to learn and grow from one another, otherwise we would be on earth alone. I'm so grateful for the people that have been placed in my path time and time again. Some of them, you end up hanging on to for the rest of you life, others will come and go but they all make an impact. Some believe that we have struggles in life so that God may see what's really in our hearts but this is not so. God knows what is in our hearts, He is our Father after all. These struggles, afflictions, hardships and shortcomings are for US to know what is in OUR hearts. Knowing that is so helpful. Thank goodness I went to Stake Conference today!

No comments: