Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Hollywood Lights Dim For A Moment


As most everyone knows by now, Heath Ledger was found dead in his apartment today. What a waste of talent. It is unclear whether his death was accidental or suicide. I can't help but be curious about what it was like for him to just lie there and wait to die (if he did kill himself). What is it like to go to sleep and never wake? I find myself sickly jealous only slightly that he is in a better place. I know that his life, as mine is, was touched by depression. What happens when you just can't go on any longer? What happens when you lay in your bed and pray for God to take you away? What must Heath have felt or thought in his last moments? Today, I found myself more depressed than ever upon hearing the news of his death. Pathetic? Maybe. Expected? Sort of. When I called my Aunt Sharon today to tell her the news, she said that it just isn't worth it to die. She also asked what someone with a life like Heath has to be sad about? According to her, what do I have to be sad about? Money doesn't buy happiness. I don't know what you have to do to be happy actually. What is so great about having nothing to yourself? My heart goes out to Heath and his family. As I sit here, trying to hang on to what I do have left, I wonder if I really will make it out of this hole? It doesn't feel like it. Plus, who gets jealous of someone for dying?

Rest In Peace
Heath Ledger
1979-2008

No comments: